Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Teaching Experience



I have been teaching at the Vancouver Film School for the last decade, helping the school build what has become arguably one of the best CG schools out there.

My favourite part about teaching is 'inventing' projects for my students to take on. There's few things more rewarding for me then defining a creative problem and guiding a team through the process of resolving it. When it comes to genre of work, my professional world has been consumed with mostly boy's-action. As a result I decided to focus my students on preschool (there's only so many transforming shooting robots a guy can handle).

Included in the Teaching link are some highlights from Campaign Poo Poo, a mock PSA I ran as group projects. I'll add more projects as time goes by.

Thanks to all my students for their work and enthusiasm.

No comments: