Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Casey's Bio

I've been working in the computer animation industry for over ten years. During that time I have worked on numerous television and direct to video projects for Mainframe Entertainment and Nerd Corps. Starting as a junior artist in the modeling department at Mainframe in 1995, I have worked through the ranks of the production floor giving me a unique understanding and perspective of the production process. My credits include Creative Concept Director, Director of Technical Development, and Supervising Animator on projects such as Beasties, ReBoot, Beast Machines Transformer, and Barbie in the Nutcracker. Most recently, I was the Production Designer and CG Supervisor on Tony Hawk in Boom Boom Sabotage a feature length direct to DVD project. Currently, I am working at the Vancouver Film School as a Senior Instructor teaching Concept Development.

During my seven year tenure at Mainframe I also served as Department Head of Lighting/Visual Effects and helped lead several of Mainframe’s development projects. What makes my experience unique is my involvement in the educational community over the last ten years. Seeing a need to move away from individual centered work, I initiated and designed group projects which focused on collaboration, teamwork and communication.

I hold a Bachelor of Architecture with High Distinction from Carleton University and a Post-Diploma in Computer Animation from Sheridan College. In 2003 I was awarded an Emerging Artist Grant from the Canada Council for the Arts.

I live in Vancouver, British Columbia with my wife Angela and two sons Milo and Theo.

No comments: